HTC’s first dual-SIM ICS phone has landed on online retail stores like Flipkart and you can now buy the Desire V for Rs.21,999. The phone also comes bundled with an 8GB microSD card so you can expand the storage of the phone.
Some of the highlights of the phone include Adndroid 4.0 onboard, a larger battery pack for better battery life, Sense v4.0, Beats Audio and 25GB of free Dropbox storage.
Comparing the Incredible S and the Desire V, the Desire V is quite a bit lighter and has a bigger battery so it will last longer. It also has more onboard storage for apps and better (or worse) audio. However that’s where the good points seem to trail off. The SoC does run at 1GHz but it’s the older MSM7227A with a slower Adreno 200 GPU. The Incredible S has the faster MSM8255 SoC with a more efficient Adreno 205 GPU. The camera in the Desire V is a 5MP whereas the Incredible S has an 8MP sensor. There’s also no front facing camera in the Desire V.
Here’s a quick look at the main specs of the Desire V:
- 4-inch capacity touchscreen display with a 480 x 800 pixel resolution
- 3G, EDGE/GPRS and Wi-Fi capabilities for net access, Dual-SIM
- GPS with A-GPS support for Google Maps
- Bluetooth with A2DP and USB 2.0 (Micro)
- 5MP camera with LED flash
- FM radio
- 4GB internal + microSD card support for up to 32GB more memory