“In the time you set aside each day to work your ass off, ignore the things that makes you consider stopping.” – Merlin Mann
Believe in yourself:
- Assume there will always be tools that are better than the ones you have now.
- Assume that events in the world will continue to happen or not happen regardless of whether you learn about them immediately.
- Assume that you understand and control an embarrassingly minute percentage of the universe.
- Assume that none of this matters if you’re determined to make something you care about today.
- You are going to suck at first, that’s okay.
- Have a ritual.
- Eventually you’ll suck less.
Most creative people struggle with everything.
Ideas are cheap. Throw a good idea away and find another. Making ideas awesome is what’s really hard.
BIG IDEA and CREATIVE EXECUTION are not the same thing. (That’s challenging)
“99% of the time, in my experience, the hard part about creativity isn’t coming up with something no one has ever thought of before. The hard part is actually executing the thing you’ve thought of. The devil doesn’t need an advocate. The brave need supporters, not critics.” – Seth Godin