What is IAMAI?
Founded in January 2004 by leading portals in India, Internet and Mobile Association Of India (IAMAI) is the only specialized industry body in India representing the interests of online and mobile value added services industry. IAMAI is a not-for-profit industry mandating to expand and enhance the online and mobile Value Added Services. Their functions include digital economy, evaluating and recommending standards and practices to the industry, conducting research, creating platforms for its members, communicating on behalf of the industry and creating a favourable business environment for the industry. IAMAI conducts several annual events every year. The Annual Events Calendar begins with the flagship event of IAMAI called the India Digital Summit which is INDIA’s Largest Annual Digital Gathering . The year 2014 sees the 8th edition of the India Digital Summit.
India Digital Summit (2006-2013): A glimpse
The India Digital Summit 2006 was the successor of Indian Online Advertising Conclave and was conducted on Mumbai. The objective of the 1st India Digital Summit was to absorb and share insights on challenges and strategies for internet investment decisions, effective implementation pertaining to Internet Access, Content, Commerce, Communication and maximizing returns on the web.
After a previous year event success, IAMAI geared up for India Digital Summit 2007 and primarily focused on ways to leverage the Internet to e-nable businesses along with extra security, data protection, privacy, regulation and legislation. The venue was New Delhi from all the events from here till 2013, and over 300 delegates were present in this event.
In collaboration with Intel, IAMAI announced India Digital Summit 2008. Till now, only Indian delegates were present but in this Summit, delegates from US, UK, Hong Kong SAR, Korea and Japan were also invited. This raised the number of delegated from 300 to 400 as compared to previous years.
See Also: IAMAI new Chairman and Vice-Chairman
After successful events, India Digital Summit 2010 primarily focused on “learning” from the experiences of evangelists and business leaders and most of the keynote speakers are renowned business leaders from India and Overseas. The Summit has also been traditionally supported by the Department of Information Technology.
The statistics and data for mobile users changes every month/week or days. In the 7th India Digital Summit 2013, we noticed 951 million mobile users with 448 million mobile data subscribers, 137 million Internet users and rural Internet grows 7x in the last two years. They concluded for pertaining their perspectives with 5 track viz Infrastructure, Regulatory Frameworks, Services & Content, Entrepreneurship / Innovation and Business 3.0
India Digital Summit 2014 – Whats New?!
- The largest annual gathering of the digital industry in India, the 8th India Digital Summit is expected to be attended by more than 1000 delegates over two days including CEOs and senior executives from the Internet and Mobile industry, government officials, NGOs, startups and evangelists.
- The Summit will be addressed by renowned business leaders both from India and Overseas and would primarily focus on “imparting knowledge” from the experiences of the industry experts.
- This year, the India Digital Summit shall have the following as the main attractions: Centre Stage: Keynotes, eCommerce Stage, Digital Marketing Stage, Mobile Stage, Entrepreneurs’ Stage, and India Digital Awards.
This year India Digital Summit has a parallel stage called the Entrepreneurs’ Stage at the summit. At this stage, 2 dedicated sessions has been planned for Digital Start Up presentations which shall allow young digital companies to come forward and make a presentation about the company/product. The session shall be attended by a Panel of experts to whom “young digital companies” can ask One Key question. The panel shall comprise of Successful entrepreneurs and investors. In addition to this, there shall be a large number of fellow young entrepreneurs, CXO’s of different sectors in the conference. At this Stage, there are entrepreneur focussed panel discussion sessions, some of them being on topics like
a) From Launch To Series A: First Two Years Of Successful Start Up
b) What Got You Here Won’t Get You There: Difference Between Starting & Scaling Up
2014 India Digital Summit will be more enthralling with the addition of these speakers at the Entrepreneurs’ Stage being:
- Harsh Roongta, CEO, ApnaPaisa
- Vivek Bharagav, CEO, Iprospect Communicate2
- Kunal Shah, CEO, Freecharge
- Mohit Dubey, CEO, CarWale
- Rammohan Sundaram, Chairman & MD, Platform Play Media Ventures
- Hitesh Oberoi, MD& CEO, InfoEdge
- Murugavel Janakiraman, CEO, Consim
- Dinesh Agarwal, CEO & Founder, IndiaMART
- Amarjit Batra, CEO- India, Head – Asia, OLX
Register for the event here: