We all have felt the need for improvement of maps as far as India is concerned, especially non-metro cities. Even Google wants to make its maps application comprehensive in India and therefore they bring India’s first mapping competition – Mapathon 2013.
The objective of the Mapathon 2013 competition is to encourage participants to map their neighborhoods and places which they know. Any Indian citizen can participate in this contest and winners will chosen as per official contest rules.
Guess what! There are loads of prizes too.
Google Mapathon 2013 prizes
- 10 Samsung Galaxy Note 800 Android Tablets
- 40 Samsung Galaxy S II GT I9100 Android Phones
- 50 Flipkart gift coupons worth Rs. 5000 each
- 1000 Google Mapathon 2013 t-shirts and certificates (includes the top 100 above and another 900 people)
Some more details about the contest
- The contest is open to just about anybody who lives in India
- Dates: Feb 12th ? March 25th
- Only edits made in India count
- The top 1000 contestants by number of published edits will receive cool prizes
So, what are you waiting for. Go on, start adding places. Here is a video that will help you with the process.
[youtube id=”Tb7-4dCCpBI” width=”600″ height=”340″ position=”left”]