Will 2013 Be The Year Of The Woman Entrepreneur?
The State of Women-Owned Businesses survey, conducted jointly by NAWBO (National Association of Women Owned Business) and Web.com, found that 85 percent of women entrepreneurs surveyed believe that more women will venture to start their own businesses in 2013 than in 2012.
Stats on women entrepreneurs according to Meghan Casserly in Forbes on this topic: “In 2007 there were 7.8 million women-owned businesses in the United States, generating $1.2 trillion in revenues, up from 5.4 million in 1997.
The interesting statistics include:
- 81% are optimistic about their business’ overall performance in 2013.
- 85% predict more women will start their business in 2013.
- 73% plan to invest more in Marketing in 2013.
The survey respondents reveal that women start their own businesses for a variety of reasons, including:
- Having a vision for a business idea or a passion for solving a specific industry problem
- Wanting control or a more flexible work-life balance
- Being in the right place at the right time
- Following their vision
- Finding an idea that allowed them to become an entrepreneur
See the full infographic at 2013 State of Women Owned-Business Survey web.com/NAWBO