Moving business to the US

moving business to US

moving business to US
Despite the recent economic crises that many countries are still recovering from, it is surprising to know that the United States still remains to be one of the most alluring markets for young professionals to invest their business in. Not only is the United States renowned for being one of the most advanced nations in the world when it comes to technology, with Silicon Valley as well as the birthplace of computer software giants Microsoft and Apple, it also is a huge market that has a constantly high demand for innovations and services of all kinds.

America itself also has to offer a lot: A vast country with an international population, beautiful, diverse landscapes and some of the most fascinating and vivid metropolises of the world. It therefore doesn’t come as a surprise that many people, especially founders of start-ups from all over the world, play with the thought of migrating to the US and moving together with their business.

In order to have permission to set up business in the United States, individuals will need to fulfill certain requirements regarding ones visa and work permit.

  • If you already have a company in your home country, you can apply for a B-1 visa that is valid for six months. The downside is that you are not able to earn any salary but rather come to the US for new prospects. It might be an option to network with companies and investors beforehand.
  • You can get an expat visa for the US if you have your company in your country and have been earning money for at least one year. Of course, it just allows you to work for another company but you still might gather valuable experience and later return to your own company.
  • A more interesting type of visa, however, is the investor visa, also called E-2 visa. If you have already spent a sum of 20,000 dollars, plan on spending about 100,000 more and are going to create jobs, you are very likely to get it. Further advantages of the visa are that it is valid for five years and you can take your family with you.

These are just some of the different types of visas that are available either through governmental websites or via websites like this one here where one can not only gather information about various visas but also apply for the “Green Card, permanent residence permit. If you plan on moving your business to the US, it is definitely vital to check the restrictions and requirements regarding work and right of residence before planning your next steps.