COGOS, a leading tech-logistics startup, has joined hands with Maruti Suzuki to provide huge redemption to their driver partners on purchasing commercial CNG vehicles. The partnership can be availed by the driver network of COGOS, spread across 350+ cities in India. The offer has been put to action with the help of Kalyani Motors of Maruti Udyog and will help promote the DCO model throughout the nation.
The initiative is a first in the logistics sector and is available for CNG vehicles to promote sustainable and green logistics. About 50% of India’s $150 billion transportation logistics market is in the short haul and last-mile delivery sectors. 30% of this is currently serviced by 3PL, with the remaining 70% fragmented among many small vendors and DCOs. Small transporters typically operate a particular fleet and rent them out under fixed contracts to their clients. Others drive their own vehicle (DCO model) and seek business through freight consolidators and brokers who take a commission.
The initiative is a first in the logistics sector and is available for CNG vehicles to promote sustainable and green logistics
Speaking on this partnership, Prasad Sreeram, CEO & Co-Founder, COGOS said, “COGOS has always believed in working relentlessly towards the benefit of their employees and driver partners specifically. We are glad to announce this partnership with Maruti Suzuki which will help us in supporting our driver partners. We would also like to thank Kalyani Motors for their support. Our long-term goal will always be to support and educate our driver partners and this is just a step in a similar direction.”
Earlier COGOS also tied up with multiple financial institutions in order to enable easy financing for driver-partners when they buy EVs (Electric Vehicle). COGOS very recently acquired the FMCG Modern trade business of Porter and earlier in the year they announced their expansion in 3 Indian states. They have aggressively increased their network, resulting in steady expansion.