New tech on the block: Logistics, smart wearable, sportstech, FinTech, AI
The Tech Panda takes a look at recent business launches.
Logistics: An app for a smooth ecommerce delivery experience
Quickshift is a 3PL ecommerce fulfilment and logistics company, operating across 29, 000 pin codes ensuring same day and standard deliveries. Quickshift has recently launched an app QS Leap for a smooth delivery experience to all its clients.
With customer delight at the core of all deliverables at Quickshift, an in-house application called QS Leap has been developed to streamline all processes for efficiency. Right from the order being placed by a customer, to getting prompted at the warehouse where products are stored, to operations being arranged for packaging and dispatch, to nearest riders being assigned the order delivery, to customer receiving the order in time, payment of even COD being collected – this entire cycle is now managed, and updated real time on QS Leap.
The app QS Leap has been developed keeping the entire supply chain in mind, with critical points being covered of inventory management, order processing, courier allocation, shipping manifest generation, order tracking, reverse order management, COD collection and reconciliation. The platform has been created on PHP and HTML/React with the updated tech stack comprising of IONIC, MySQL and Linux.
The app has a set of comprehensive features which navigate through the entire order management journey. The development under each segment has been programmed for these three key features:
- Real time order movement
- Reduced delays in order processing
- Critical metrics delivery for specific sensitive items like perishables, oils, jewelry, etc.
Smart wearable: Re-structuring the smart watch segment at an incredible introductory price
One of the fastest-growing watch manufacturers, Maxima is re-structuring the smart-watch segment in the country with, Vibe, the latest addition to Max Pro series at an incredible introductory price of Rs 1,899. The Max Pro Vibe comes with a 1.69” full touch HD display of 240×280 dpi resolution and 550 Nits brightness. This new addition to the Max Pro range also has a capacitive touch with no lag and move-wrist-to-wake-screen function.
“Maxima is gradually becoming a household name primarily because of its firm commitments towards catering to the needs of its customers while maintaining high production standards and advanced features. With advanced features and aesthetic looks, Max Pro Vibe will soon become the ‘Vibe of India,’ and a fashion statement among the style-conscious audience,” said Manjot Purewal, Managing Partner, Maxima.
Similar to other advanced smart-watches of Maxima, Max Pro Vibe also comes with smart sports features to carry forward its message “health above everything else”.
- More than 100 Cloud-based watch faces support and can change the look of the screen every minute
- Users can set unlimited watch faces by customizing with the pictures from their gallery.
- Extended battery backup and stays connected with BT5.0 connectivity seamlessly; hence, charging the watch for just 20 minutes can keep it active throughout the day.
- Keeps track of every heartbeat with the Advanced Heart Rate HRS3300 sensors
- Tracks blood oxygen levels through SpO2 monitor
- Over 100 sports modes to track an individual’s every movement.
- Weather updates, camera & music control, alarm, stopwatch, timer, calculator, sleep and calories monitor, distance tracker, incoming call notifications, drinking & sedentary reminder and female health tracker
- 3ATM water resistance which will allow users to wear it anywhere they want
Sportstech: Centralized platform to capture physiological metrics of athletes when training
Netrin Sports Technologies Private Limited, offering state-of-the-art sports technology solutions for performance improvement, launched Conqur, a centralized platform for capturing the physiological metrics of athletes when they are training. Conqur uses gold standard ECG data to give training insights to athletes and coaches which helps in reducing the risk of injuries and improving performance optimally.
Teja Prakash Kakarla, Co-founder, Netrin Sports Technologies affirmed, “There has been a long-standing gap in the industry when it comes to analytics solutions for performance improvement. Upon thorough research and after putting in cutting-edge technology, we have designed this product which will help coaches design the right kind of training for the athletes. They can monitor the athletes in real time and adjust the training load accordingly. It helps in avoiding overtraining or undertraining, thus reducing the risk of injuries or sub-optimal training. This is expected to furnish some striking results.”
The product was launched for football teams at the Global Soccer Conclave in Mumbai.
Netrin is targeting the 20 billion Dollar global Sports Tech market. Sports tech market in India is almost 100% import driven, with very little research and development happening in the country in the segment. This is the first time such a technology is being developed in India, catering to the specific requirements of Indian athletes. Netrin with its strong roots at IIT Madras is leading the effort to create a homegrown sports tech ecosystem and Conqur is the first step towards this journey.
- The users will be able to avail of the product on a subscription basis with a single athlete account costing a reasonable INR 25,000 per year.
- The subscription will include a range of services like – the device, access to coach platform insights, and support for data interpretation for both the coaches and athletes.
- Initially, Conqur will be available to B2B customers including academies and teams.
FinTech: Bank enables client onboarding via face authentication-based e-KYC
Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited (KMBL) today announced the launch of Aadhaar based e-KYC of the client using face authentication. Kotak is one of the first banks to go live with enabling client onboarding via face authentication-based e-KYC.
Currently Kotak Mahindra Bank has offered this service to all savings account holders onboarding via partner channels like BSS Microfinance and plans to extend this service to other channels in due course.
Puneet Kapoor, President-Products, Alternative Channels and Customer Experience Delivery, Kotak Mahindra Bank said, “Kotak Mahindra Bank believes in using the latest technology to bring in new and improved digital banking solutions to our customers. We would like to thank UIDAI for introducing the face authentication app through which we can offer this seamless digital onboarding to our customers.”
The Aadhaar based face authentication method is used as an alternative to the currently used fingerprint authentication on Kotak Bank Digital Savings Account. Customers who visit the branch can provide consent for completing their KYC using Aadhaar based authentication. They will be authenticated using the Aadhaar authentication process as prescribed in the bank regulations.
A successful face authentication confirms that physical face being scanned for verification matches the one that was taken at the time of enrolment of Aadhaar number and verifies the identity of the person.
- The authentication is done via a mobile app newly developed by UIDAI, and no additional device is required to perform the authentication.
- Convenience of significant time-saving as it takes only a few minutes to complete the entire authentication process.
- Onboarding via face authentication-based e-KYC will help to reduce the cost of acquiring as the cost pertaining to fingerprint device procurement and maintenance will go away.
- Will provide resolution to fading fingerprint miniature capture issues and related failures, especially for sourcing in the rural areas where farmer fingerprints change over the period of time.
AI: Accounting platform backed by AI for small to mid-sized enterprises
Integrated with new-age technologies, NuBooks has launched its one-of-a-kind go-to accounting platform to provide accounting tools to small businesses, freelancers and accountants to handle accounts and improve their financial performance. The platform is backed by Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and suited for all accounting needs including – reading invoices to making bookkeeping and management of finances easy.
Oumesh Sauba, Founder of NuBooks said, “AI is a revolutionary technology that has entered into every sector and with NuBooks, accounting is no more an exception. Our cloud-based easy-to-use accounting platform expedites accounts-related tasks and increases efficiency. We expect to acquire prominent clients with days and looking to grow at a rate of 100% month on month basis.”
Indian economy is re-writing its history by becoming a global hub for innovation with a startups ecosystem. People are moving on their entrepreneurial journeys and looking for digitally optimised solutions for their everyday business needs. Considering the shift in the economy and market demand, Nubooks endeavours to benefit the growing startup ecosystem with professional invoice creator, client and accountant base management tools, invoice, bill and receipt management tools, automatic and dedicated storage space for client data.
- Optimizes the accounting needs of micro and small businesses and freelance professionals where they simply have to take a picture of invoices/receipts through the app, crop and send it.
- Adapts to the needs of the users as its Al solution digitizes the information in record time and converts it to spreadsheets and quick editing.
- Server capacity that can organize all information of the clients
- Storage system is safe and secure in handling the data of companies.
- Users can easily organize a large number of client information
- An app version to streamline all the accounting needs of the users available
- Stores user data on the cloud that helps in tracking sales, creating and sending invoices, issuing reports and analysing them to enhance the financial performance of the business
- Enables users to carry out a large number of transactions in a short time.