Taste Discovered – Kingfisher Beer is Indian Urban Youth’s Favorite!
We all meet up with friends for a chat and what? A short drink of course! A recent study performed by Qilo, a new age marketing communications consultancy and Juxt, the leading online research-based advisory firm reveals some lesser known things about the alcohol consuming habits of Indian Urban Youth.
The online survey was conducted from Juxt’s access panel, India Research Panel (an initiative of Juxt & Youmint) among 656,596 net users above 25 years old, residents of top 12 cities. Of the total number of respondents, nearly a third of the total respondents (210,000) stated that they consumed alcohol. About 90% of the online alchol drinkers are male, 55% of them are aged 30 to 39 years and 45% come from Delhi & Mumbai.
Here are the highlights from the report:
- 44% of Netizens voted for Beer, followed by Whiskey(26%), Vodka(14%) and Rum(6%). Only 1.5% people favored Gin.
- Kingfisher Beer is the highest voted (53%) , followed by Haywards 5000 and Fosters, which together made up for less than half the number polled by Kingfisher.
- Royal Stag led the Whiskey brands at 21% votes followed by Blenders Pride at 17%
- Smirnoff was cited as the favorite drink among 37% of Vodka drinkers, Old Monk and Bacardi together accounted for 80% of the choices in Rum category.
- Blue Riband led dominantly among Gin drinkers with 48% of them citing it as their choice.
“The study just reiterates Qilo’s strong belief in online as an excellent medium to reach out to the consumers in lifestyle categories like alcohol. Some of the brands are already leveraging the power of social media to engage with the consumers. Kingfisher, which emerged as the leading brand in the research, for example, also leads in its social media following among its peers,” said Vipul Mathur, co-founder, Qilo.
News Source: DQWeek