Want To Stream The 2012 Olympics, Get An iOS or Android Device
If you’re a fan of the Olympic games, forget a TV, you don’t need one anymore. If you have an iOS or Android device, you’re going to be able to stream the entire London Olympics live right in your pretty little hands.
Today, NBC and Adobe announced a partnership to bring this mobile experience to rabid Olympics fans and it’s really impressive. One catch though, it’s only available to those in the United States. Have no fear though, the BBC has your back in the UK, with 24-hour streaming.
The apps are social of course, letting you share things with Facebook, Twitter and Google+ friends and followers.
Here’s the rundown on the Live Extra app, which brings you all of the content:
* Video on Demand: access short-form video clips to preview the London Olympics and relive the Beijing Olympics
* Online coverage schedule: find out NBC’s online listings schedule and set event reminders
* Live Events: watch every event of the London Olympics LIVE!
* Full Event Replays: relive all the great moments of the Summer Games with full event replays
* Channels: watch simulcasts of Olympic programming on NBC Universal television cable channels
* Gold Zone: check out the Gold Zone Live Streaming Channel featuring every gold medal event LIVE!
* Alternate Camera Views: view multiple camera angles for sports such as gymnastics and track & field
* Push Notifications: receive reminder alerts for upcoming events
* DVR: most live streams and all full event replays will have DVR capabilities
And…it’s free. Awesome.
[youtube id=”uNLh85pKLw4″ width=”600″ height=”340″ position=”left”]