Wingify – The Worlds Easiest A/B Testing Tool
I am not exaggerating in the title, its true, with more than 2500 active paying customers across 75 countries, Wingify is a popular name when it comes to A/B testing.
There are customers who have even testified wingify to be more easier than google’s testing tools.
And Paras Chopra’s BootStrapped Story of going from Zero to Millions without raising any funds is a story to be learned from.
Without further ado, we’ll directly jump into conversation with Paras Chopra, Founder & CEO of Wingify.
Take us through the journey so far – from idea to implementation.
Oh well, how the time passes. I distinctly remember the first day I decided to do “something” in the online marketing space and hence begun hunting for the perfect name. After numerous variations and tweaks, I finally settled down on a domain that sounded just fine and inspired joy and enthusiasm. The name was Wingify and the date it was registered on was 9th November, 2008.
I was 21 years old then. Fresh out of college, I was naive and had very little savings. What I had instead was an insuppressible itch to do “something of my own”. With many startup attempts during college, I had tried curing that itch, but with each failure, the itch only grew stronger. So when I was thrown out in the real world, Wingify came into existence as a boilerplate “project” to cure that itch.
What is A/B Testing? Take us through your product features for website optimization.
A/B testing (sometimes called split testing) is comparing two versions of a web page to see which one performs better. You compare two web pages by showing the two variants (let’s call them A and B) to similar visitors at the same time. Showing them to similar visitors and at the same time is very important.
All websites on the web have a goal – a reason for them to exist. News websites want visitors to click on ads, ecommerce websites want people buying products, personal blogs want people reading, interacting with, and finally respecting the author. Every website wants visitors converting from just visitors to something else. The rate at which a website is able to do this is its “conversion rate”. Measuring the performance of a variation (A or B) means measuring the rate at which it converts visitors to goal achievers.
- Easy A/B testing – In less than 5 minutes, create tens of different versions of your headlines, images, buttons, forms, etc.
- Using Visual Website Optimizer, you can easily understand which changes on your website (color, headlines, buttons or layouts) increase conversion rate, and which changes don’t.
- Instead of using our editor, you can also create separate versions of your landing pages on your servers. Your traffic will get split amongst those versions and you can measure which one performs best.
- Move beyond A/B testing to target different versions, content or offers to different segment of users. Personalize your website or landing page according to each visitor to increase sales.
- Visualize where your visitors are clicking on for different test variations. Heatmaps show you where your visitors are clicking and where they aren’t.
- If you need A/B testing ideas and want to get improvement suggestions for your website or landing pages, ask Internet users from our panel.
- If you have landing pages or webpages specifically created for mobiles and tablets, you can now optimize them in an editor that emulates those mobiles and tablets.
- With Visual Website Optimizer, optimizing your website for sales and conversions doesn’t mean that you change or update your website code every time you create an A/B test or a campaign.
- Visual Website Optimizer integrates with popular platforms so that making tests and analyzing results becomes a piece of cake. Here are different platforms for which we offer plugins.
- With absolutely no lag in visitor and conversion data, you get realtime reports of your test performance. Easily track multiple conversion goals, funnels and revenue metrics.
Once the VWO product is installed, is it just dashboard changes? What is the technology behind VWO product? Is the product delivered on cloud?
What is the USP of VWO Product when compared with others in the market?
- Easy point-and-click editor.
- One-time code integration.
- Asynchronous code snippet.
- Heatmaps & clickmaps
- Usability Reports
- Mobile Testing and Optimization
- Integration with Google Analytics
- WordPress, Joomla, Drupal plugins
- HTML, CSS and jQuery based tests
- Previews on multiple browsers
- Client or project sub-accounts
- Whitelist IPs to access account
How does VWO market its product? We believe that great marketing has to be combined with great product for good results.
We do not believe in spending a lot for marketing, rather we believe in educating the market. Word of mouth, quality customer service and right education through blogging, guides and case studies do the trick.
Key people behind Wingify
With a background in computational biology, machine learning, online marketing and web technologies, Paras started Wingify in early 2009. The company’s aim is to make website optimization tools which produce results without requiring a degree in rocket science. Read his personal blog or follow him @paraschopra. You can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sparsh Gupta, Partner & CTO
Sparsh is a Masters in Computer Science from Oxford University, UK where his major was Artificial Intelligence. He has tremendous engineering experience and knowledge under his belt. He enjoys designing and implementing large-scale systems (such as “Visual Website Optimizer”). His parallel interests are in user interface design. Follow him on @sparshgupta or you can email him at email@example.com
What are the future plans for Wingify?
We aim to become the most respected software product company to come out of India.
Any advice to budding entrepreneurs?
Lots! But key advice: if your aim is to make reasonable amount of money and have higher than average chances of success for your startup, be market driven and sell a better product in an already established market rather than do something entirely new and radical.