SHARE

facebook icon facebook icon

Indonesia’s largest telecommunications company Telkom Indonesia launched the IndiHome eSports League in March. The league will remain for two years comprising four seasons. Teams that participate can compete for a sum of USD 72,000.

Season one has begun in March to conclude in May. This season, Vainglory will take the spotlight as the main competitive title. The event will be hosted by IndiHome in collaboration with digital media firm MD Media.

“Not only that, Telkom will also provide special data packages and strengthen connections through our fiber-optic network so the eSports game scene will be stable and responsive, with minimum lag,” Esports Insider quoted Telkom deputy marketing manager Jemy Confido.


Blockchain Esports Platform Bitgamer Helps Gamers Earn While They Play


“The big challenge of eSports is changing the negative perception that video games have always had. Through this league, we hope eSports competitions will foster creative value, train agility and develop a competitive spirit, while building teamwork with good sportsmanship,” MD media director Syaifudin said.

The firm will also introduce the MDM Esports Academy, Indonesia´s biggest eSports site. The place will feature the latest PC systems and network equipment, allowing the hosting of significant eSports events.

The stadium will provide facilities related to eSports such as dormitories, coaching and clinics, and mainstream sports facilities. Jakarta Globe quoted MD’s director, Syaifudin, “The eSports stadium will include training facilities supported by professional Indonesian gamers with international achievements. The stadium will be a place where people can not only play, but also train to become professional gamers.”

The new league is also looking for casters, video producers, and streamers, which might see some development in the country. This will also provide forum for brands and sponsors to get together, taking the Indonesian eSports scene to newer heights.


Huawei Launches Honor Play, an AI and Gaming Focused Phone


Telkom Indonesia is an Indonesian multinational telecommunications conglomerate. It is a state-owned enterprise engaged in Information and Communication Technology services (ICT) and telecommunications networks in Indonesia. Telkom’s majority shareholder is the Government of the Republic of Indonesia at 52.09%, while the remaining 47.91% is controlled by the public.

PT Metra Digital Media or MD Media is a subsidiary of PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia Tbk (Telkom), which was established through one of Telkom’s holding companies, namely PT Multimedia Nusantara (Metra) in 2013. The company mainly engages in the communications industry and digital media.

SHARE

facebook icon facebook icon
You may also like